Our engineering & product development know how covers innovative concept generation, detailed design, iteration, testing, integration and qualification of hardware during the entire project life cycle. Equally importantly, strict project management procedures and quality accreditations have allowed Magna Parva to gain the confidence of national and international agencies. Our close relationships with researchers and academic institutions is a result of our ability to work at the earliest stages of an idea and see it through to reality.
Magna Parva deliver Space engineering services, bringing significant heritage within R&D and flight missions such as ExoMars, BepiColombo & MetOpSG. Covering a wide range of engineering disciplines and experienced in flight mechanical, structural & mechanisms hardware delivery we can deliver step change in capability for comms, science and exploration missions.
Typical engineering services include:
- Establishing applicable (instrument, system, ECSS) requirements, e.g. envelope, mass budget, mechanical and thermal environments, etc.
- Performing structural design, including:
- Material and coating selection
- Manufacturability, assembly, integration and test (MAIT) considerations
- Performance estimations for joints, structures and components based upon limiting load cases
- Performing thermal design, including:
- Identification of thermally critical regions/components
- Definition of heat transfer paths via selection of material, geometry and configuration
- Joint calculations and thermal compensation for materials of different CTE
- Characterizing structural and thermal performance for all load cases
- Structurally representative models/meshes, simplified for optimum speed and accuracy of analysis
- Structural cases analysed in MSC Patran/Nastran
- Thermal cases analysed in ESATAN-TMS
- Thermo-structural behaviour analysed in MSC Patran/Nastran with temperature input from ESATAN-TMS
- ESA Crack Analysis
- Optimizing the design for mass, performance, requirement compliance, etc., based upon analysis results
- Designing and delivering correlation test campaigns
- Output of TMM, RTMM, GMM, RGMM models etc. as required by the customer
- Flight Product Assurance
Our services are delivered from our concept to production facilities that include design and analysis offices, laboratories, temperature controlled CMM metrology room, clean room Cat 7, environmental test chambers, micro-crack propagation inspection facility.